Tuesday, February 18, 2014

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year - Part 2


London
Fall Collections

Fashion week. It's here! From February 6th to March 5th, I will be in heaven (along with any other fashionista!) Fashion week occurs in New York, London, Milan and Paris a few times a year and the shows range from ready to wear to resort to couture. During (ready to wear) Fashion week, I check out the shows of my favorite designers and pick my favorite designs and write up a summary of each collection I view. I have decided to add some of my favorite photos here and share my summaries of my favorite collections for you all!
 
May I present to you ~ London.

Temperley London's Fall 2014 collection brought a smile to my face. Alice Temperley's mix of prints and stunning color palette are perfect for Fall. This collection had it all: gorgeous dresses, detailed skirts, tailored coats and oversize scarves. Each of these designs worked well together or separate. Paul Smith took the idea of menswear and turned it into an alluring collection for women. The silk pajama jumpsuits are exquisite and I appreciate the use of patterns and applaud the overall styling of the collection. View

Jonathan Saunders is quoted as saying "Everything is made of something found and disposable." His Fall 2014 collection revolved around this statement. Each design was a work of art and was pieced together in the most creative way. I especially love the strip of glitter on the hemline of the skirts and the shearling collar on a flannel coat. This collection was highly inventive and left me wanting more. One word describes Matthew Williamson's Fall 2014 collection: Graphic. Whether the looks layered print over print, showcased colorful fur or ostrich feathers or had intricate crystal detailing, each one exuded personality and flair. View

It was Blue Farrier's first collection for Issa and needless to say, she nailed it. Her designs showcased bold graphics, chic outerwear, saw tooth and scalloped edges and flirtatious details such as bows. I, along with many I'm sure, will be anxiously awaiting to see what she creates next. Massimo Nicosia designed a clean and classic Fall 2014 collection for Pringle of Scotland. This brand, known for the use of cable and argyle patterns, kept within tradition on select designs throughout the collection, as well as introducing a new trend of 3-D printing. View

Erdem Moralioglu created "an army of girls" for his Fall 2014 collection. I found the designs to be ladylike yet tough. The use of delicate fabrics mixed with crocodile added to the eccentricity of the collection. Erdem's intricate embroidery was also a standout feature as well. Christopher Bailey designed a beautifully graphic collection for Burberry Prorsum. The hand painted fabrics and accessories, muted color palette and overall styling made for an appealing show. View

I am in awe of Tom Ford. I always find his designs to be the epitome of fashion, and once again, I was not disappointed. After his show, Tom Ford stated "It's a designer's job to react." His Fall 2014 collection featured a variety of looks that included leather, sequins, fox fur, velvet and lace, just to name a few. The designs ranged from classic to sexy and sophisticated to playful. I am also fascinated by the sequined football jersey dress, which was a nod to rapper Jay Z. While he was on tour, Jay Z wore a number 61 jersey (Tom Ford's birth year) while rapping "I don't pop Molly, I rock Tom Ford." To recap Tom Ford's earlier statement, "It's a designer's job to react." And that he did.
View


London Fashion Week Fall 2014





No comments:

Post a Comment