Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Tale Of Two Jackets


In my very first blog post, I talked about some of my favorite coats, so it goes without saying that I also love jackets. I have a leather jacket that is so soft like butter, and has been in my closet for years and is my absolute favorite. Then again, I love denim jackets, lightweight jackets, embellished or sleek jackets as well. I jumped on the moto jacket trend while living in New York City and working at Bebe. I had been eyeing this black moto jacket embellished with many zippers and swore I would buy it. After weeks and weeks of going back and forth on the pros and cons of owning a moto jacket (FYI: There are no cons!), I finally bought it. I've worn it with dresses or skirts or denim, and though it still hangs in my closet, I wanted something more.

Most people, if they own a moto jacket, have it in black and many moto jackets at first glance look alike. I wanted to stand out. So recently I went on the hunt for a new jacket. No crazy outrageous color, as I would prefer something that could be as versatile as the black one. I also didn't want to spend a lot of money on a "trendy" item.

Here's a lesson: When shopping, spend your money wisely. If you are shopping for a classic piece (i.e.: pencil skirt or button down blouse), one that can be worn again and again and is fashionable but not "of the moment," than put aside a decent amount of money for it. You want to buy a quality item that is made well and can last for years. If you are shopping for a trendy piece (i.e.: tropical print crop top), that will be worn during this season and then go to the back of your closet to die, than still buy a quality made item, but at a lower price.

Back to my hunt for a new jacket. I searched around the mall and found nothing. Looked online, but was weary of buying and not trying on the jacket to check the fit (all of my jackets are different sizes). Then I ventured off to Kohl's. This is a store that I always luck out in. So it comes as no surprise, that after about only ten minutes of searching, I looked up at the Elle wall and found my new jacket. It wasn't like any others in my closet. It was on sale. It felt buttery soft (a MUST for me) and was in a great light neutral color. The best part of this jacket? It has an adorable ruffle along the back bottom hem, that is totally unexpected. I tried on a few sizes and found my perfect jacket.

Do not feel sorry for my black jacket; however, as it still has many more years in the spotlight. Until that moment comes, I say it's finally time to step away from the dark and slip into the light...jacket.

 
 Sunglasses: Jessica Simpson; Pearls: Vintage; Tee: Gap; Jacket: Elle; Jeans: Old Navy; Pumps: Aldo

Sunglasses: Jessica Simpson; Pearls: Vintage; Tee: Gap; Jacket: Elle; Pink Rhinestone Cocktail Ring: Guess
 
 Sunglasses: Jessica Simpson; Tee: Gap; Jacket: Elle; Pearls: Vintage; Pink Rhinestone Cocktail Ring: Guess; Rose Ring: LC Lauren Conrad; Jeans: Old Navy; Pumps: Aldo

Jeans: Old Navy; Pumps: Aldo
 
Sunglasses: Jessica Simpson; Tee: Gap; Jacket: Elle; Pearls: Vintage; Jeans: Old Navy; Pumps: Aldo 

Sunglasses: Jessica Simpson; Pearls: Vintage; Jacket: Elle; Tee: Gap; Rose Ring: LC Lauren Conrad
 
Sunglasses: Jessica Simpson; Pearls: Vintage; Tee: Gap; Jacket: Elle; Jeans: Old Navy; Rose Ring: LC Lauren Conrad; Pink Rhinestone Cocktail Ring: Guess; Pumps: Aldo 

Pink Rhinestone Cocktail Ring: Guess; Earrings: Express; Sunglasses: Jessica Simpson; Jacket: Elle
 


No comments:

Post a Comment