Friday, January 30, 2015

Move Over Tees, There's A New Blouse In Town...


 
 
 
 
 
 



Pumps: Guess; Jeggings: LC Lauren Conrad; Floral Top: Nicole by Nicole Miller; Suede Moto Jacket: Elie Tahari for Designation; Earrings: Unknown (gift); Handbag: BCBGeneration

I love tee shirts.

Have I mentioned this before?

A few months ago, as I was shopping my closet for another blog photo, I was completely astonished by the amount of tee shirts I have.

Graphic tees. Solid tees. Short sleeved. Long sleeved. Plain tees. Embellished tees. Neutral tones. Brightly colored. Designer tees. Off the rack.

You name it, I own it.

So it has been my mission to upgrade my tee shirt driven wardrobe. I have pushed past my fear of button down blouses (a fear many busty girls have - FYI : camisoles are your friend!) and I can proudly say that my closet is (slowly) being consumed by beautiful blouses.

I picked up this Nicole by Nicole Miller sleeveless button down at JC Penney (it's beautiful, form fitting AND was on sale...what's not to love?) and I knew immediately that I could wear it separate, with a blazer or with this fierce suede Elie Tahari for Designation black moto jacket.

Since another staple in my wardrobe is a skinny jean, this top was a perfect match. I love the low seam in the back of the top and how it falls from the back of the cropped jacket. The flow of the top balanced out the tightness of the jeans.

Next was my favorite part of dressing, my shoes, and picking out which worked best. I wanted a neutral heel, something simple, so I went with my Guess pumps. Every woman needs to have a pair of black patent leather pumps in her wardrobe (with whatever heel height makes her feel comfortable - most of my heels are 4 to 5 inch heels) that you can pair with a dress, slacks or jeans.

So I looked in the mirror, and felt this outfit was missing something. Another accessory, of course! I added my chartreuse BCBG box crossbody bag for fun and I was out the door.


Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment