Monday, March 10, 2014

Fit To A Tee

Hello again! Well, I am sad to say that Fall Fashion Week is now over, but how much fun is it to be able to see all the upcoming Fall trends through the eyes of hundreds of fashion designers around the world? I hope everyone enjoyed my reviews on my favorite designers and enjoyed the photos of my most favorite designs in each collection reviewed.

Moving on to this week's blog...

I am a jeans and tee shirt kind of gal. Now, I enjoy a flirty little skirt and the feel of a silky button down blouse. I can rock a blazer and feel powerful in a sleek black suit. I lounge around the house in my PINK sweatpants but can throw on a stunning dress (with heels in tow, of course!) and go on a date. All in all, I enjoy a vast array of fashion, but my go-to outfit? Jeans and a tee.

I love all jeans. I own boot cut, skinnies (LOVE my skinnies), boyfriend, flare, moto, crop and straight leg jeans. Once I pick those out, I go for my tee shirts. I have plenty, in fact, too many to count. Solid color ones are good to have, but I prefer printed tees. I have some from Gap, Bebe, Hard Rock Cafe and others from Kenneth Cole and Juicy Couture and even from New York's Fashion's Night Out. As soon as I choose the tee that suits my attitude for the day, I grab the appropriate shoe (ballet flats or heels), handbag or clutch and a ton of jewelry. I love accessories, so 9 out of 10 times I will grab a hat or scarf as well!

One of the greatest designers in history, in my opinion, Karl Lagerfeld, designed a collection for Impulse (sold at Macy's) a couple years ago. His collection featured designs of all kinds, yet one design in particular caught my eye. A few tees featured a likeness of him and I'm sure it goes without saying that I bought them faster than you can say "Chanel." One way I love to wear printed tees is with a blazer. It takes the look up a notch, yet it is still playful. Another great way to dress up a tee is with chunky necklaces, either worn alone or layered on top of each other.

Though tees go with jeans like Dolce goes with Gabbana, you can wear tees with other options. Do you have a leather pencil skirt? Throw on a tee shirt with it! A long Summery maxi skirt? Why not? I just bought an adorable Joe Fresh fringe sequin skirt in cream and I cannot wait to pair it with a white tee this Summer.

Bottom line: Just have fun! Forget any "rules" you have heard or read about. If it looks good, suits your personality and makes you happy, than go for it. Try something new. If you are too concerned with trying out a new look in public, invite a friend over! Or take a selfie and send it to your best friend and ask his or her opinion. Your true friends will never steer you wrong and maybe by doing this, you can inspire others to have fun with fashion as well.

 

Sunglasses: Daisy Fuentes; Earrings: Simply Vera Vera Wang; Tee: Karl Lagerfeld for Impulse; Blazer: LC Lauren Conrad

Sunglasses: Daisy Fuentes; Earrings and Clutch: Simply Vera Vera Wang; Tee: Karl Lagerfeld for Impulse; Blazer: LC Lauren Conrad; Watch: Guess; "Fearless" Bracelet: BCBGeneration; Clover Bracelet: Heidi Klum for Bebe; Rhinestone Bracelet: Swarovski; Boyfriend Jeans: Gap; Studded Pumps: Aldo 
 
Earrings: Simply Vera Vera Wang; Sunglasses: Daisy Fuentes
 
Rhinestone Bracelet: Swarovski; Watch: Guess; Clover Bracelet: Heidi Klum for Bebe; Clutch: Simply Vera Vera Wang
 
Sunglasses: Daisy Fuentes; Earrings: Simply Vera Vera Wang; Tee: Karl Lagerfeld for Impulse; Blazer: LC Lauren Conrad
 
Boyfriend Jeans: Gap; Studded Pumps: Aldo
 
Sunglasses: Daisy Fuentes; Rhinestone Bracelet: Swarovski; Watch: Guess; Clover Bracelet: Heidi Klum for Bebe; "Fearless" Bracelet: BCBGeneration; Tee: Karl Lagerfeld for Impulse; Blazer: LC Lauren Conrad
 
 Sunglasses: Daisy Fuentes; "Fearless" Bracelet: BCBGeneration


No comments:

Post a Comment