Saturday, March 15, 2014

Step Into My World...Or At Least My Closet


My closet is my happy place. If I am feeling down or having a "blah" type of moment, I walk in my closet and take a deep sigh of relief. My closet is full of all textures and colors. It is filled to the brim with accessories (we all know I'm an accessories type of girl) and clothing that ranges from mini skirts and wide leg trousers to sequined tanks and cable knit sweaters. Every item has it's place and I wouldn't have it any other way.

How often do you find yourself thinking you had an item in your closet and you spend a ridiculous amount of time searching for it, getting mad when you cannot find it and then proclaiming you have nothing to wear because your closet is all haphazard? I'm sure it has happened to all of us at least once in our lives. Wouldn't it be easier to open or walk into your closet, step back, scan it quickly and piece together an outfit from head to toe? We all know the answer to this: YES!!!

I have a visual merchandising background, so it goes without saying I treat my closet as a display case. I show off my shoes, I have some necklaces hanging and pretty brooches on a mini body form. My hats are neatly lined up on a shelf and my clutches are displayed on a small bookshelf. I have my sunglasses on a mirrored tray and just tried out a new way to house my denim. I have a hanging organizer in my closet and I decided to roll up each pair of jeans and place them in the organizer, throwing in colored denim as extra pops of color against the normal blue. It looks great and holds all my denim (like I mentioned in my previous post, I have a lot of denim). I can walk right into my closet, and know that my tops are organized by sleeve length and color. My skirts and pants are hanging in separate sections and my sweaters are folded in drawers. I know exactly where to look for a specific item and I never have to worry about not finding an item. It's a "stress free" zone.  It's my happy place, because it suits me. I have made it as functional as it is fabulous.

Printed Blouse: Catherine Malandrino for DesigNation; Skirt: LC Lauren Conrad; Tights: Simply Vera Vera Wang; Pumps: Guess
 

 
Printed Blouse: Catherine Malandrino for DesigNation

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment