Saturday, June 27, 2015

Weekend Getaway

 
 
"So....how big is my suitcase?" 

 
"Just a few favorites...these will fit, right?"
 
 
"Of course I need tanks...tees...heels...hats...scarves..."




 
"And jewelry...and bikinis...and denim..."
 

"Options...plenty of options..."
 



"Break for a Selfie!"
 

"Ok, down to business. I narrowed down the choices."
 




"Voila! Everything I need and all packed perfectly!"
 


I'm off on a weekend getaway!

No, not to some fancy resort or a gorgeous beach. Not off to Vegas or a wine tasting in Napa Valley. I'm off to North Carolina to visit my family and to celebrate two occasions: my parents' anniversary and my niece (and Goddaughter's) baptism.

It will be short, but a nice visit. As long as the weather permits, I will also be hanging around a pool. So I know I will have to pack my bikini. And maybe a dress for dinner. And sunnies. And jean shorts. And some heels...sandals...flip flops...more heels...and I may be off track a little.

Okay. Where was I? Oh yes. Packing!

I'm a list girl. I write everything down. This way I know I have everything I need. And even though my days are never fully planned out, I go through and write down what I know I will be doing. For example, my sister's neighborhood has a pool. I know I need a bikini. I will attend dinner for my parents' anniversary. Something fashionable and fun. And I need another dress for the baptism, again, fashionable yet appropriate for church.

Next, I fill in the open space. Between the pool and dinner and the baptism, I'll need a tee shirt and a tank or two. Some jean shorts and did I mention a cover up for the pool, yet? Obviously, accessories like my shoes (this could take a while), some jewelry and a hat or two. And of course, my sunnies (aviators...cat eyes...who knows? Maybe I'll bring a few)!

Packing for a trip is easy. Evaluate your plans as best you can. Realistically pack. Give yourself a couple options, but do not go overboard. Pack items that you can mix and match. When you use some logic when packing, it will make it much easier to get dressed once you are at your destination.

And let's be honest. Who wants to waste so much time going through their suitcase trying to piece together a great look when they can be using that time for something much better like heading off to the pool or celebrating milestones with your family?

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment