Friday, June 5, 2015

Self(ie)-ish






 


 

 
 Aviators: Kenneth Cole Reaction; Earrings, Necklace and Espadrille Flats: Simply Vera Vera Wang; Tee: Gap; Jeans: DKNY Jeans




This week I decided to turn the camera on myself. I told my boyfriend (photographer) to take a break and I devoted this week's blog to selfies.

I'm still trying to master the art of taking a great selfie. My niece has this down to a science. My boyfriend's nieces as well. At first I thought that unless I was a teenager, there was no hope for me, but I am happy to say that I was wrong.

Back in the day, I was known for taking my friends' cameras (and my own) and always shooting photos of myself making funny faces. It was so easy with a camera to hold it out and shoot the pic, but with my I-phone, I seem to struggle. Is it too small? Too fragile? Am I too klutzy and would drop it while holding it at a certain angle? And why does a little voice in the back of my head keep shouting out, "YES!?!?!?!?!"

But I digress.

This photo shoot was fun. I was able to experiment with different lighting and angles (thank you mother nature for the GORGEOUS day!) and expressions (I'm a silly girl at heart!) and I truly had a blast. I wanted my outfit to be simple and light. I distressed these DKNY jeans for a whole new look and paired it with a simple striped Gap tee shirt. I am IN LOVE with my new Simply Vera Vera Wang espadrille flats. They have the cutest lil bow near the toe and did you notice the embellishments?

Now don't get me wrong. I won't be firing my photographer anytime soon (love you, babe!), but maybe time and time again it wouldn't hurt for me to be a little selfish.

Strike that. Self(ie)-ish.

Liz
 

2 comments:

  1. Liz, I must know where you bought your shoes. I want them. Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kat! They are Simply Vera Vera Wang espadrille flats at Kohl's. They come in (I think) five different colors but I absolutely LOVED the white ones! :)

      Delete