Friday, July 31, 2015

Chill Out

 


 


Sunglasses, Earrings, Leaf Necklace and Rings on right hand: LC Lauren Conrad; Wristlet and Pumps: Jennifer Lopez; Denim and Bar Necklace: Old Navy; Tank: Tahari; Rings on left hand: Forever 21
 
For this blog post, I went to the dark side. Well, the grey side.

It may be hard to believe, but grey is one of my favorite colors to wear. I say this, because looking at my closet and even on this blog, I play A LOT with bright colors.

The number one reason I love to wear grey is because it brings out my eyes. Yes, I have grey eyes. Not blue. I cannot tell you enough how many people assume my eyes are blue. Nope, if you place me beside someone with blue eyes, you can clearly tell my eyes are grey (a trait inherited from my father).

I also love grey because to me it's very "chill." Granted, it may not catch someone's eye like a bright pop of red or be as chic as head to toe black, but it definitely holds it's own.

I went into Old Navy recently and fell head over heels with these skinny jeans. The Rockstar fit is PERFECT for my body type and this shade is perfection. While at the mall, I strolled into Marshall's and this Tahari tank basically yelled out to me. So OF COURSE I had to answer back (at the register).

As soon as I put two and two together, I knew the most perfect pairing would be my Jennifer Lopez blush studded pumps and pale mauve faux snakeskin wristlet.

This was a good look, if I say so myself. I was comfortable (don't scoff ~ platform pumps really ARE comfy) and cool. You don't always have to stand out in the crowd in crazy prints and bright colors. So chill out! You can be just as stylish rockin' some grey with fabulous accessories in a complimentary hue.

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment