Friday, March 27, 2015

Mix It Up


 
 
 

 

Sunglasses and Peep Toe Pumps: Jessica Simpson; Sweater: Gap; Necklace and Handbag: Simply Vera Vera Wang; Denim Leggings: LC Lauren Conrad; Earrings: Unknown (gift); Bangles: Forever 21
 
How many times do you pass someone on the street or flip through magazines and wish you could pull off a certain look? I guarantee the number surpasses zero. I love my fashion magazines. I subscribe to most and then I get online and read and gaze even more. A certain look that keeps grabbing my attention is mixing prints.
 
For many years, I was scared of doing such a thing. I've admired mixed prints all over New York City, in the beautifully styled pages of Vogue (all hail Grace Coddington) and on Sarah Jessica Parker's character, Carrie Bradshaw, in Sex and the City for years and years.
 
I am a fan of prints and as I've gotten older, I've been more open to buying more items showcasing prints. So as I chose my blog outfit, I knew I was going to use my navy and white striped sweater from Gap and pair it with one of my red heels (Jessica Simpson won in the end...though my Nine West strappy satin sandals embellished with a gorgeous chiffon rose came in a VERY close second).
 
I looked at my handbags and thought, "Ok. This is it. Grab a floral bag."
 
I breathed in deep, picked up this pretty Simply Vera bag and threw it on my shoulder before I could think twice. I went over to my full length mirror and LOVED IT.
 
Why was this scary? It's awesome. I love the stripes with the florals and it wasn't overkill. It was the perfect pairing of prints. If any of you feel anxious about mixing prints, start out small, like me. Do a top with a handbag. Or if you are fearless, do the top AND the pant! Have fun with it and experiment with your clothing.
 
Who knows? Maybe this is only the beginning for me in the mixed prints department.
 
Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment