Friday, April 10, 2015

A Statement Piece

 
 
 
 

 Sunglasses: Simply Vera Vera Wang; Ear Cuff: Jennifer Lopez; Link Bracelets: Dana Buchman; Hammered Bangle: Unknown (gift); Watch: Guess; Top: Rock & Republic; Boyfriend Jeans: Gap; Studded Pumps: Aldo

I love to make a statement!

Whether it's a witty (sarcastic?) statement that comes out of my mouth on a daily (hourly?) basis or throwing on something eye catching. I was out shopping months ago and came across these boyfriend jeans from Gap. I love them. They have a different fit from my other boyfriend jeans and had no distressing, either. I tried them on once I was home and my boyfriend was not impressed.  He thought they were "too boyfriend." I told him I'd prove him wrong. I believe my statement was "Studded heels and a cute top. That's all you need and those boyfriend jeans will be transformed, you watch!"

On another outing, I came across this Rock & Republic top and saw the statement "So Over It." I loved it. It had perfect attitude and I knew it would be great with a low slung jean. I also spotted these cool Jennifer Lopez ear cuffs and figured, "Well, it's a statement piece." And off to the register I went.

As we all know, I love a pop of color (you know, something that draws the eye in). One of my perfect pair of heels for this reason alone is my cobalt blue studded/spiked heels from Aldo. Those heels are a statement in themselves.

Facial expressions are also a great statement. I'd be a horrible poker player. It is clearly evident what I am thinking and feeling by looking at my face at all times. But sometimes it is fun to hide your expression with a large pair of shades. I have Vera Wang to thank for this.

When I was shooting the pics for this blog, I was at a park and was consistently being passed by dog walkers and joggers alike. Some glanced over while others stared, neither of which bothered me. I had made a statement. And I think it was a pretty good one.

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment