Friday, May 15, 2015

Delicacy


 
 

 


 

Sunglasses: Jimmy Choo; Earrings, Necklace and Top: LC Lauren Conrad; Jeans: Old Navy; Box Clutch: Eva Mendes for New York & Company; Bangle: Vintage Coco Chanel; Heels: BCBGirls
 
I can appreciate the finer things in life. Those items so dainty and delicate that just SCREAM, "Stay away from me, Liz!"
 
Allow me to elaborate. I'm a bit of a klutz. Ok, I'm a huge klutz. I am that girl who actually tore the tendons in her ankle after tripping over her roommate's ankle bootie that was laying in the middle of an ENTIRELY clean floor (true story).
 
I always felt like a bull in a china shop when I would be visiting with my Grandmother. She had oh so many nice things and glided around them with such grace and ease. I would be scared to death to walk by a vase or the glass coffee table. Sometimes we would play with her jewelry, which always drummed up fears of breaking some priceless family heirloom (or a fierce piece of costume jewelry, for that matter!), yet she trusted me.
 
I'm glad one of us did.
 
I have a few delicate items in my closet and jewelry armoire. So I figured, if I wear them all at once, perhaps if some misfortune befalls me, I won't ruin EVERYTHING. Just one or two items.
 
This LC Lauren Conrad top and necklace is so beautiful and dainty. I absolutely adore the femininity that oozes from this top. And I am appreciating simpler chains this season as well. This vintage Coco Chanel bangle is also a delicacy. I've worn this quite a few times, yet every time I wear it I am overly cautious my klutzy ways do not get involved. This bangle is absolutely stunning and goes with anything. It's one of my most treasured pieces.
 
I am proud to say that I was able to wear this beautiful top, paired with a dainty chain and my vintage bangle without catastrophic results. Can I really go through life with delicacies all around me and actually be ok?
 
Perhaps my Granny was right all along.

Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment