Sunday, May 24, 2015

It's As Simple As...

 




 

 
 
Tee: Milly for DesigNation; Skirt: Elle; Bracelets: Simply Vera Vera Wang: Scarf and Black Crystal Necklace (worn as bracelet): Vintage; Earrings: Nicole by Nicole Miller; Clutch: Liz Claiborne; Strappy Sandals: Lauren Ralph Lauren

As most of you know, I am a fan of color. I believe a pop of color is good for the soul. It draws the eye in and can showcase your mood. It's fun to play with complimentary colors and also pair together unlikely combinations.

However, sometimes it's just as fun (and simple) to go with black and white. It can be just as graphic and will easily draw the eye in. It is stylish, yet mysterious. What type of mood is she in? Why did Liz stray away from color? What reaction is she trying to evoke? Or is it just as simple as wanting to wear black and white?

Hint: It's just that simple.

I love to pair tee shirts with skirts. It is unexpected, yet fun and easy. This tee from the new Milly for DesigNation collection is fun and flirty. It was easy to pair that tee with my lace black and white striped skirt from Elle. To keep the theme going, I just threw on some simple black accessories including my Lauren Ralph Lauren strappy sandals and the bracelet on my left wrist (which is actually a long vintage black crystal necklace I wrapped around several times) and my outfit was complete!

No color. No backstory. No problem. Just as simple as black and white.

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment