Friday, January 31, 2014

Visions of Summer Dance In My Head

Snow is beautiful...in movies, calendars and ski resorts. In black and white photographs, a la Ansel Adams, or during Christmas time. It's fun to see children sled riding or driving down the street and seeing cute snowmen with twigs for arms and carrots for noses...but do you know where snow ISN'T beautiful? On my car. On my porch. Quite frankly, all around me.

Please don't get me wrong. I love winter. I love pulling out my sweaters and my boots (I LOVE my boots) and I'm excited to wear my cute gloves and scarves. But enough is enough! I look in my closet and see my maxi dresses hanging and peak in a shoe box at a gorgeous pair of white and silver sandals. I run my hand over my colorful array of tanks and pull open my swimsuit drawer. I try on my espadrilles and wedges and how could I completely forget I bought those adorable short shorts!?!? Ah, how I miss my summer wardrobe.

Then I look back outside at the snow and icicles. I can feel the frigid temperature through the window. I'm telling you right now, summer cannot come soon enough!

But like the rest of us, I must wait patiently for the temperature to rise, the days to last longer and the sunshine to be consistent. When the time comes, I know I will be prepared...at least my closet is.

 Hat: Bebe; Infinity Scarf: Unknown (gift); Locket: (Vintage) Classy Lady Jewelry; Sweater: New York & Company; Leggings: Juicy Couture; Coat: Sonoma; Ring: Juicy Couture; Handbag: Coach; Riding Boots: BCBGeneration

 Coat: Sonoma; Ring: Juicy Couture; Handbag: Coach; Boots: BCBGeneration

Hat: Bebe; Infinity Scarf: Unknown (gift); Sweater: New York & Company; Ring: Juicy Couture; Coat: Sonoma 
 
Locket: (Vintage) Classy Lady Jewelry
 

No comments:

Post a Comment