Thursday, January 9, 2014

Winter Blues


What is your favorite color? Most people I ask this question to answer the same: BLUE. Honestly, almost every single person I talk to loves blue. Well, I love purple. That is my favorite color.

I'm obsessed with all shades of purple. Be it dark or light, in a print or solid, I love it. I have purple handbags, pumps, sandals, flats, jackets, tops, skirts, dresses, earrings, well, you get it. I believe that purple works well on every skin tone and works well combined with other colors.

A few months ago, something changed me. I was looking through one of my fashion magazines (like all fashionistas, I subscribe to them all) and I came across a beautiful blue, faux crocodile satchel designed by Liz Claiborne. I couldn't take my eyes off it - and not only because it was Liz Claiborne.

I have to admit I am a tad sentimental over Liz Claiborne handbags. I had interned for Liz Claiborne Inc. during my time in New York City. I worked in the LCNY Accessories division in the Product Development department. I was witness to the conception, design, sample and final stages of their handbags. It was truly a one of a kind experience.

Needless to say, after about a month, I purchased this bag. Now I can't let it go - the bag AND the color blue.

How could I have lived for so long and cared so little about the color blue!?! Was I living in some sort of alternate universe? Am I the last person to learn about the secret of blue? Was I even fully alive before this? Okay, maybe.

So, I decide to venture into my closet and after glancing at my shoe rack, I notice a pair of barely worn BCBGeneration navy suede platform pumps with an adorable jeweled detail near the toe. Seriously? Why have I barely worn these!?! They are beautiful. I must wear them now.

Speaking of accessories, I look up at my hat collection (I LOVE hats) and I have a Gap navy wool floppy hat. Maybe worn once or twice. Why? Why did I choose to not wear this color before now? I must also wear this now. Not only is it cute, but it's BLUE!

Enter Kohl's. I love Kohl's. Since I moved back to WV, this is where I shop the most. Can you guess what I gravitated towards? This gorgeous blue blouse from the LC Lauren Conrad collection. It's a must have. Done and done...and this shade of blue is stunning!

I feel like a child with a new toy. I'm excited! Purple? What's that? Blue has been my shade for a few months now. Will this love affair last? Too soon to tell. Winter has certainly brought the blues...I wonder what Spring will bring me?


Top: BCBGeneration; Pants: Gap; Watch: Guess; Charm Bracelets: Tiffany & Co.; Crystal Bracelet: Swarovski; Sterling Silver Bracelets: Style & Co; Handbag: Liz Claiborne

Pants: LC Lauren Conrad; Pumps: BCBGeneration

Pumps: BGBGeneration

Wool Hat: Gap; Heart Necklace: Swarovski; Watch: Guess; Charm Bracelets: Tiffany & Co.; Crystal Bracelet: Swarovski; Sterling Silver Bracelets: Style & Co; Top: BCBGeneration

Top: LC Lauren Conrad; Jeans: LC Lauren Conrad; Pumps: Aldo
 

Top Necklace: LC Lauren Conrad; Bottom Necklace: Blogger's own charms and chain




No comments:

Post a Comment